Sr. Salesforce CPQ Engineer is responsible for maintaining & enhancing Salesforce Sales Cloud and Salesforce CPQ capabilities & features.
Responsibilities include configuring Products, Product & Approval Rules, Pricing Information, and in addition responding to tickets, functional & technical optimizations, and driving automation to increase efficiency in business processes.
The candidate must also have good communication & interpersonal skills, the deep technical experience of the Salesforce.com platform and integrations, and a proven track record of driving best practices, adherence to IT standards, processes, and methodologies.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Setup Products in Salesforce CPQ for Quoting by configuring Product Options and Product Rules • Setup Lookup Data with the Product Pricing information and conditionally populate prices using Price Rules for the Products being quoted in the Salesforce CPQ Quote Line Editor • Configure Complex Approval Rules using Advanced Approvals in Salesforce CPQ • Track CPQ related Jira tickets and Cases to closure, and training internal customers on issue resolution
• Develop, test, and deploy custom functionalities on the Salesforce Platform through Visual Studio Code, developer console, Git and Bitbucket
• At least 5-7 years of experience in Salesforce development
• Knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ and Advanced Approvals
• Knowledge of Lightning LWC & Aura, VisualForce Pages, Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Custom Controllers, Controller Extensions, Batch Classes, Scheduler Classes
• Knowledge of SOQL and SOSL statements within Governor Limits for data manipulation needs of the application using platform database objects
• Knowledge on Integrating applications with Salesforce Orgs
• Ability to execute unit tests and write Apex test classes for code coverage
• Deep experience on using development tools such as VS Code (for source code editor, debugging and deployment) and GIT (for source code and version control)
• Good functional configuration knowledge of Salesforce including but not limited to validation rules, workflows, Process builders, Flows, email alerts, field updates, custom labels, custom settings, profiles and permission sets
• Knows how to deploy metadata (configuration and code) to different environments • Knowledge of tools such as Data Loader for data export, backup and migration between environments
• Knows how to develop Custom Report Types, Custom Reports to meet the reporting needs of the organization
• Works with Business team and translate requirements into clearly defined technical tasks and deliver a solution from design stage to a functional application
• Collaborates with multiple Teams across multiple time zones to work on the tasks • Good knowledge of Agile-Scrum for Software development and tools like JIRA/Jitbit for project management
• Has good temperament and communication skills for providing Project status, Knowledge Transfer and Training to new Developers and Admins on Project
• Self-motivated, flexible, team player with solid multi-tasking, time management & organization expertise with the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities • Has attention to detail with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users
• Demonstrates ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions