Manager- Data Analytics
8+ years | Long Beach, CA
Posted 10 days ago
- Interact with various departments including, but not limited to, IT; Finance; Claims, Call Centers; and UM.
- Manages a team of Data Analysts and Technical Analyst onsite and offsite.
- Provides day-to-day technical management and mentoring as required of the department staff.
- Coordinate and oversee report generation by team members and distribution schedule
- To ensure timely delivery to customers, ensuring the highest quality on every project/request.
- Responsible for error resolution, follow up and performance metrics monitoring.
- Provide peer review of critical reports and guidance on programming/logic improvements.
- Provide guidance to team members in their analysis of data sets and trends using statistical tools and techniques
- Participate in and guide the design of large scale predictive and statistical models to predict future trends in cost, utilization
- Guide team members on appropriate writing skills for executive summaries tailored to the audience.
- Apply process improvements for the team's methods of collecting and documenting report/programming
- Requirements from requestors to ensure appropriate creation of reports and analyses while reducing rework.
- Manage the creation of comprehensive workflows for the production and distribution of assigned reports.
- Progressive responsibilities in Data, Finance or Systems Analysis in a healthcare environment.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibilities in Data, Finance or Systems Analysis in a healthcare environment.
- 3+ years of experience with Spark, Python, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau (or equivalent).
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
- Big Data experience with Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HIVE, Cloudera and or BI in Cloud.
- Azure Data Factory and Azure Analysis Services.
- Medical Economics and strong knowledge of Performance Indicators.
- Proactively identify and investigate complex suspect areas regarding medical cost issues.
- Apply investigative skill and analytical methods to look behind the numbers, assess business impacts.
- Make recommendations through the use of healthcare analytics, predictive modeling, etc.
- Analysis and forecasting of trends in medical costs to provide analytic support for finance, pricing, and actuarial functions
- Multiple data systems and models.
- BI tools – SSIS, SSRS, ProClarity, MEd Insight, etc.
- Advanced Analytics, R Programming and Machine learning experience a plus.