6+ Years | Madison, WI
Posted 7 days ago
The ideal candidate for the Systems Engineer/Sr. Systems Engineer is highly motivated with a passion for technology. You'll participate in the design, delivery, and implementation of tools and applications critical for our customers. This candidate will find engaging challenges and work with operations, development and networking teams to ensure solutions are implemented to meet organizational and security requirements.
- Implement, support and monitor new platforms and applications in a highly available and geo-diverse environment.
- Deploy software and systems with automation tools.
- Work with internal networking teams to integrate applications and networks.
- Help troubleshoot issues that span applications, systems, firewalls, and network devices.
- Work with core technologies including Linux, Load Balancing, Virtualization, Identity Federation SAML/OAuth, LDAP, DNS, NTP, etc.
- Ensure compliance with security standards, PCI and NIST familiarity.
- Maintain systems documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) –OR- 4+ years of professional work experience.
- 4 - 6+ years of systems administration experience with Linux.
- Experience scripting with Bash, Perl or Python.
- Working knowledge of Linux administration including installation, configuration, and tuning.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, responsive to customer needs.
- Basic working knowledge of networking, security fundamentals, installation and integration of third-party software.
- Basic working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Bash, Perl or Python
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, subnetting and routing concepts.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and CFEngine.
- Independent problem-solving with the ability to meet commitments and manage priorities.
- Demonstrate a resourceful, positive "can-do" attitude.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Experience working with Elastic Stack
- Knowledge of Agile principles