Sr. Software Engineer III (Java/AWS)
5+ years | Reston, Virginia
Posted 14 days ago
Our Single-Family Technology team in Reston, VA is currently searching for a Sr. Full-Stack Engineer (Java, J2EE, AWS) with a passion for building awesome applications to design/develop customer-centric applications and take part in the Digital Transformation Initiatives for one of our Flagship products (Desktop Underwriter).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- 5+ years of experience of full-stack development using Java and J2EE
- Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Security
- Experience in testing automation using Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
- Hands-On experience with Database development and tools with SQL, O/RM, Flyway, OLTP Database Tuning, etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python)
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services with JWT (JSON Web Tokens)
- Hands-on experience with AWS development using EC2, EB, IAM, S3, SDK, CLI, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Lambda/Step Functions, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and Kafka
- Experience with Node.JS, Jasmine, and ReactJS
- NoSQL Database experience
- Spring Batch experience