Application Programmer/Developer (Hadoop)
2+ Years Years | Chicago, Il
Posted 18 days ago
The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams. As a System/Data Security Scientist, you would be part of the CST Engineering/Data Insights team responsible for designing and implementing models for identifying cyber security risks to the organization. You will need to have experience working in a Hadoop environment with access to Spark, Hbase, and Kafka. In addition this person will also have experience with R, and Python. Working in an Agile environment, you will partner closing with Cyber Security Professionals and Engineers to build models and algorithms which will provide new analytic capabilities along with automation opportunities.
- A Minimum of Undergraduate Degree; Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A curious mind with at least 2 years of experience in a Data Science/Data Analytics role.
- Strong candidates will be well versed in one or more programming languages Scala, SQL, Python, Unix, PHP, R and Java.
- At least 1 year of experience with Hadoop.
- Strong Mathematics and Statistical background.
- Excellent Data Analytics skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight. Motivated and willing to learn.
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking
- Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
- Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills